Monday, September 13, 2010

1st day of school

Brady is joining me again at Olentangy Hyatts Middle School for 8th grade.  We have to wake up dark and early in order  to leave at 6:45am.  Some big events for 8th grade:

-Going to Washington, DC with the entire 8th grade class at the end of October

-Confirmation in May

-His voice changing more...especially when he yells at me...we have to laugh every time even though he is being a jerk!

-Have Señora Jackson as your Spanish teacher....all year!!!!  :)

-Hopefully, he'll be an Eagle Scout before high school.

-Learning that he can't eat fried cheese sticks every night for dinner because of the issues with face complexion.

-and Lots and lots of deodorant!

DSCN3691

Cole is in the 4th grade at Freedom Trail Elementary.  He got one of the two teachers he really wanted.  I remember Brady's 4th grade, it was the first year of REAL homework and academic responsibility.  I just know that my confident kid will do just fine because of his strong ambition!

DSCN3692

Alyssa's first day of Kindergarten!  She'll graduate from high school in 2023.....that seems forever away!  She is SO enjoying buying lunch, riding the bus and playing with her new friends (and old friends) at recess.  The 2nd day of school, two girls were fighting over Alyssa......the famous "you were my friend first" was thrown out!"  Alyssa said that she would "intoduce" her new friend to her old friend....but the new friend was interested in being "intoduced" to her old friend....this must be a girl thing because the boys have never come home with social drama...especially the second day of Kindergarten. I'm sure this is JUST the beginning of the girl drama....I look forward to it!

DSCN3699

DSCN3701

Since I'm never there to get the kids on the bus on the first day of school :( I can at least catch a quick picture of them getting off the bus.

DSCN3703

Oh no......Brady's attitude has rubbed off on Cole...or is it that he is too cool now that he is an almost 10 year old 4th grader?

DSCN3696

No comments: